SWEET & SOUR CHICKEN STIR-FRYYIELD: serves 4
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained & juices reserved
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 3-4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs cut into 1 inch pieces, seasoned with salt & pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head broccoli florets
- 1 bell pepper cut into 1/2 inch squares, seeded
- 1 onion, cut into 1/2 squares
- hot cooked rice
- Start cooking your rice so it will be ready
- Combine cornstarch and water in a medium sized bowl and stir to dissolve.
- Add the reserved pineapple juice, ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, and vinegar to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat 2-3 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and garlic. Stir-fry until the chicken is cooked and no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan and cover to keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan.
- Add the broccoli, bell pepper and onion. Stir-fry over medium-high heat until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the broccoli is bright green.
- Return the chicken to the pan. Add the pineapple chunks and sauce mixture.
- Bring to a slow boil and cook until everything is heated through and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve over the cooked rice or mix in with the stir fry.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: Our Best Bites