1/2 cup tequila
8 cloves garlic, minced
juice from 1 small lime
small handful cilantro, roughly chopped ~ about 2 tablespoons
3 large chicken breasts
1 large onion, sliced
2 bell peppers, seeded and sliced
oil for sauteing
1. In a small bowl, combine the tequila, garlic, lime juice and cilantro.
2. Place the chicken in a gallon size Ziploc bag or Tupperware dish with lid. Pour the tequila mixture over the chicken and toss to coat.
3. Place in the refrigerator and let marinate 6-7 hours. I ended up pulling the chicken out and slicing it into strips after about 6 hours and then placing back into the marinade for another hour - the hubs got caught up at work late so I had to hold off on making dinner :)
4. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
5. Add the chicken - discard marinade - and cook until completely white on the outside.
6. Add in the onion and peppers and saute until the chicken is no longer pink and onions & peppers are tender.
Serve with warm tortillas and toppings of your choice!
*I served this with the Creamy Chipotle Sauce as a dressing for the fajitas
THIS RECIPE PROUDLY LINKED TO: Flour Me With Love, Skip To My Lou, All The Small Stuff, Blessed With Grace, 33 Shades Of Green, Gooseberry Patch, Eat At Home