1 box brownie mix
1/3 cup melted butter
1/4 cup water
1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease your muffin tin or use paper cupcake baking cups - to make these as actual brownies, grease the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together the brownie mix, butter, water and 2 eggs until well blended.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full.
6. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese with a mixer until smooth.
7. Slowly mix in the sugar to the cream cheese.
8. Beat in the vanilla and remaining egg until just blended - the mixture will probably seem runny
9. Spoon small amounts of the cream cheese mixture over the center of each brownie.
10. Cut through the batter using a knife - I made circles from the middle to the outside of the cupcake. *Optional - sprinkle a few additional chocolate chips on top of the brownies.
11. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted towards the outside of the brownie comes out clean - the cream cheese should be just starting to turn golden brown.
12. Allow the brownies to cool for 2 minutes in the muffin tin then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
13. Store covered in the refrigerator.