|I kid you not, I spellchecked Angel a half dozen times |
because it just did not look right!!
This would be a fun craft for Christmas time!
2 pieces of construction paper (1 white, 1 color of choice)
2 coffee filters
pipe cleaner - preferably matching the second piece of construction paper
1. Start by letting your toddler finger paint the coffee filters - be sure to do this outside or on top of newspaper - the paint will go through the coffee filter onto whatever surface they are on.
2. Once they are done painting, set the coffee filters aside to dry completely.
3. While the coffee filters are drying, draw and cut out the Angel's body from the colored piece of construction paper - I used a spice bottle to trace for the head and then a ruler to help draw the straight lines down for the body - you want sort of a keyhole shape.
4. Make a halo out of the pipe cleaner by twisting one end into a circle - you can cut off excess from the other end if you need to so its not as long to glue under the angel.
5. Once your coffee filters are dry, fold them into fourths - you'll want the most colorful side to show as the top of the angel's wings.
6. Glue the angel's body to the piece of white construction paper. Before the glue sets, slide the halo under the angel's head and slide the coffee filters under the body for wings. Press the angel down to help secure the glue around the halo and wings.
ACTIVITY INSPIRED BY: No Time For Flash Cards
THIS ACTIVITY PROUDLY LINKED TO: Raising Bean