I would have to say Fall is probably my favorite season. I love the smells of pumpkin & cinnamon that always seem to fill the air. I love weather that makes you need a jacket in the mornings but flip-flops in the afternoons. I love being able to open my windows and doors and feel the crisp cool breeze that comes with this time of year. I love the almost non-existent electricity bills I have to help make up for the Texas summers. Ahhh, it's such a magical time!
But what I love most about Fall is that this time of year inspires me to get back in my kitchen. I love to bake. That's how my love of food & cooking started. Forget learning how to make chicken, give me cakes or cookies to bake!
So to kick off my fall season, I happily played in my kitchen making these absolutely delicious Country Apple Dumplings. There's no other word to describe them but simply delicious!
- 4 small Granny Smith Apples, diced
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cans (8 rolls each) refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup butter
- 1 & 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup citrus soda (Mountain Dew)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced apples, 1 & 1/2 tbsps sugar & 1 tsp cinnamon. Toss to coat the apples.
- Separate the crescent dough into triangles. Place a large spoonful of the coated diced apples along the largest end of the triangle, opposite the point. Roll the dough over the apples, folding in the sides and pinching the point end to seal. Place in the baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Stir in the remaining sugar & teaspoon cinnamon. If you have any left over diced apples, you can add those to the butter as well. Continue to stir over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the melted butter over the dumplings.
- Pour the soda into the baking dish but not directly over the dumplings.
- Bake for 30 - 45 minutes or until the tops of the dumplings are golden brown.
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: allrecipes
THIS RECIPE IS PROUDLY SHARED AT THESE FABULOUS PARTIES
Still wanting more? Well we’ve picked a bushelful of recipes to celebrate one of our best loved fruits:
Soups, Salads, Starters and Breads
- Cinnamon Apple Chips- Shockingly Delicious
- Apple Celery Salad- In the Kitchen with Audrey and Maurene
- Mini Apple Pumpkin Pancakes – The Daily Dish Recipes
- Overnight Apple Cinnamon French Toast- In the Kitchen with KP
- Curried Apple and Leek Soup-Soni’s Food for Thought
- Endive Spears Topped With Apple, Blue Cheese and Hazelnut Salad- The Hand That Rocks the Ladle
- Homemade Apple Jam – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Butter Cheesecake Dip- Chocolate Moosey
- Apple Sage and Onion Soup with Cheddar Bacon Croutons – Wine in Tampa
- Caramel Apple Bread – famfriendsfood
- Apple Pie Bread Baker Street
- Apple, Bacon & Brie Popovers- I Run for Wine
- Apple and Almond Brie Puff Pastry- Family Foodie
- Apple, Leek and Gruyere Tarts- There and Back Again
- Slow Cooker Honey Apple Pork Loin- The Meltaways
- Apple-Glazed Meatballs- The Messy Baker
- Apples & Buttons (Ham, Apples and Dumplings)- Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Skillet Pork with Sweet Spiced Apples- Mama Mommy Mom
- Chicken Apple Meatloaf with Tarragon Tomato Sauce – Diabetic Foodie
- Baked Tilapia Apple Crisp- Daddy Knows Less
- Pork Tenderloin with Calvados Cream Sauce Sustainable Dad
- #SundaySupper Pulled Pork Sandwich With Pickled Red Onions Kwistin’s Favorites
- Harvest Rice- Webicurean
- Wild Rice with Apples, Dried Cranberries, and Walnuts – Ruffles and Truffles
- Apple Topped Sweet Potato Mash- Momma’s Meals
- Warm Spice Pecan Raisin Apple Chutney- Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Double Apple Pot Pie- What Smells So Good?
- Apple Walnut Coffee Cake- The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Apple Streusel Cobbler- Big Bear’s Wife
- Apple & Moroccan Cinnamon Gooey Sticky Buns- Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Apple Pull Apart Monkey Bread- Gotta Get Baked
- Spiced Caramel Apple Pie-Chelsea’s Culinary Indulgence
- Apple Pear Kuchen (Apfel Birnenkichen)- Galactosemia in PDX
- Apple Strudel - Magnolia Days
- Old Fashioned Apple Crisp with Caramel Sauce-Noshing with the Nolands
- Apple Cheesecake- Vintage Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Crumble Bars- Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting- From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Apple Pound Cake- Damn Delicious
- Cinnamon Apple Dessert Chimichangas- Juanita’s Cocina
- Chai Spiced Apple Pull-Apart Bread- Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Nutella Apple Quesadilla- Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Apple Crisp Ice Cream- Cravings of a Lunatic
- Bavarian Apple Torte- The Lovely Pantry
- Streusel Apple Pie American w/ Pie Freezer Kits- Meal Planning Magic
- French Apple Cobbler with Cinnamon-Maple Whipped Cream Weekend Gourmet
- Chunky Apple-Apricot Bread Pudding- Comfy Cuisine
- Apple Butter Spice Cake – Home Cooking Memories
- Apple Pie and Custard- Happy Baking Days
- #GlutenFree Deep Dish Carmel Apple Pie- Cooking Underwriter
- Apple Brownies That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Rustic Apple Galette & Give-Away – Mrs Mama Hen
- Caramel Apple Capirotada La Cocina de Leslie
- Apple-Gingersnap Cookies- Tora’s Real Food
- Apple and Cranberry Turnovers- Flour on my Face
- Applesauce Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake Hip Foodie Mom
- Caramel Frosted Apple Cookies- No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Apple and Pecans Muffins- Basic N Delicious
- Spiced Apple Ale Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Wine Pairings for our #SundaySupper Autumn Apple Party! – ENOFYLZ
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day today for #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 PM EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite apple recipes! All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat! We’d also love to feature your apple recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!
Thank you so much for joining us around the table for #SundaySupper!